This is one of those dishes that come from having a delicious leftover ingredient with which you have no use and don’t want to waste it. It came about from the Lobster poached in coconut butter I made for dinner one night. The lobster was silky smooth and tender from having poached for 50 minutes leaving behind a glorious lobster infused coconut butter. There was no way I was throwing it away. I love leftovers like this.
- 1 pt Lobster Infused Coconut Butter
- 1 lb Jumbo Lump Crabmeat
- 1 jar artichoke hearts, cut into quarters
- 1 lb Gemelli, Rotini or Fuseli pasta
- 1/2 cup packed, chopped fresh Basil
- 1/2 cup fine diced Red Fresno Pepper or another mild red pepper
- 1 cup chopped artichoke hearts
Carefully, reheat lobster infused coconut butter over low heat to keep from separating. When hot, add the jumbo lump crab and artichoke hearts and heat through.
Cook the pasta and drain. Do not rinse. Pour pasta into bowl, add the coconut butter mixture, red peppers and toss gently so as not to break up the crab. Sprinkle with basil. Serve and enjoy!